1. The stickier the dough, the better the finished product.
2. Focaccia can be frozen. Restore it to toasty excellentousity by popping it, frozen, into the toaster.
|Focaccia with fresh sage.|
3. When you move house, it takes at least six months of regular bread-making before the bread tastes "right" again.
4. Fleischmann's yeast gives bread a slightly sweet, really yeasty flavor. SAF (Red Star) gives a more bread-like flavor. I prefer SAF for most breads.
5. K makes some of the best rustic Italian loaves going.
|Look at that crust!|
|Look at that crumb!|
7. Homemade pizza dough is worth the small extra effort.
8. It should be cooked on a baking stone for maximum wonderfulness. A peel is also pretty much essential for getting it into and out of the oven.
9. If I could live on fresh-baked bread and salty butter, I would.