Saturday, November 3, 2012

Voter Fraud in Missouri

          Election Day isn't till next Tuesday, and there is no early voting here in the Show Me state. And yet, this morning while raking leaves I found evidence of pernicious (and impressive) voter fraud:

What I want to know, is how did it mark the ballot?
©Nancy E. Banks

          The leaf that the ineptly-designed* "I Voted" sticker is attached to comes from our Sweet Gum tree, which has apparently procured an absentee ballot, marked it, and submitted it to the proper authority. Because those poll workers don't let you have an "I Voted" sticker without you actually vote. Now, I'll have to double-check the statutes, but I'm fairly certain that flora are disallowed from voting in national elections (possibly they are allowed in local races if expected voter turnout promises to be less than 10 percent, and if there are woodland-related items on the ballot—but I should probably verify that before I go around posting it on my blog.)
          Here's my dilemma: do I report this to my local election authorities? Or do I just assume that the sticker was given in error and the poll worker has already informed our suffragist tree that its ballot will be disallowed?

----------------
*More on this later.


No comments:

Post a Comment